Friday, June 12, 2009

Back from the dead

I thought I was going to die.
Seriously. Really.
Perhaps I was dead, but He decided it wasn't my time yet.
It certainly felt like it.
It was total darkness. I could see, but all I saw was shadows moving around.
Also, enough was enough. The decision made by my heart was that I had enough of feeling terrible.
The above were the thoughts running through my head the past 2 days when I was running a 40 degrees fever (no, brain not damaged unless you suddenly find my writing humorous, then maybe so).
Sorry, can't Twitter those thoughts as well when I'm bedridden.
It was crazy, to feel like that. Surreal and yet you know it happened.
One time, it was like I was moving around on my head (?).
Then, I actually saw it. (warning: don't try to imagine) Every sinew of my body exposed.
To call it a dream, no, nightmare to be precise.
I'm still sweating non-stop.
My wife said I was speaking gibberish in my sleep. Words she couldn't understand. Words she hadn't heard before.
Hmm, so maybe I can speak ancient Latin in my fever-induced state?
So I'm given one more chance.
At Life.
I believe the most beautiful sight upon opening my eyes was seeing the 2 boys by my side.
The power of love certainly has it's magic.
And most of all, the wife is the one I should be grateful to.
Think of it this way.

There is a wonderful law of nature that the three things we crave most
-- happiness, freedom, and peace of mind --
are always attained by giving them to someone else.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Am so sorry to hear that you went through such a bad bout of flu but am glad God blessed you with a wonderful devoted wife to nurse you back to good health. Take care and may you have good health and happiness always, Bobby.

Tiger said...

Thanks, Paula.
I am truly blessed to have a wife like that.
She's not the brainiest woman on earth nor is she the most beautiful, but very few other people can hold a light to her in terms of her good-heartedness.