I suppose I can't say this enough. Times are tough. Forget tough, they're the toughest ever! I cannot imagine how the economy would get to this stage. If I weren't so optimistic, I'd say it's a Depression, instead of a recession.
So, in times like this, it'd be good to remember a few things in order to keep your life in perspective.
Below are a few things to remember for normal people (statistically speaking):
1. There are at least two people in this world that you would probably die for.
2. At least 5 people in this world love you in some way.
3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they actually want to be just like you, or you have something they would want to have.
4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you at first.
5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.
6. You mean the world to someone.
7. You are special and unique.
8. It's very possible someone that you don't even know exists loves you.
9. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.
10. When you think the world has turned its back on you, take another good look again.
11. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about the rude remarks, they're not worth your while.