Friday, June 19, 2009

Forgiveness

I had a long chat with my big boss yesterday.
Explained to him that things haven't turned out all that well lately due to internal company politics and backstabbing all over the place.
Company politics, well, I suppose each and EVERY company has it's politicians. It CANNOT be denied. It will be the same WHEREVER you work.
Backstabbing, now that's another animal. It takes an evil person to WANT to hurt another person.
What I couldn't understand previously was WHY people would want to do that.
Are you such a LOSER that you have to backstab your way to glory?
Is that the ONLY way?
It hurts to know you have enemies.
It hurts because in the first place, you DON'T expect them to be YOUR enemies.
I mean, what have I done to deserve this? I AM INNOCENT!
What the hell do you want?
So, I meditated on it. Prayed for the strength. To forgive.
And I've put it behind me. I AM A PROFESSIONAL, and I shall behave like one.
The work I have, I will do and finish it because I am being paid to do it.
I will not bother with distractions with what other people are doing, whether it's their work or "behind the scnes".
Then I remember a saying. I can't remember who said it, but if you do, please let me know.
It's a mantra worth repeating when you have idiots jostling to take your position in your company.
Forget those morons, because if you're sincerely good enough to get your job, you're worth of keeping your job as long as you do your work properly.
Here, keep this in mind:

Hanging onto bitterness and resentment is like eating poison and expecting somebody else to die.

So, forgive and move on. Remember, you're professional. If other people aren't, that's THEIR problem.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi BK,

I absolutely concur with your view. In my younger days(in the 1990's), I used to get upset with office politics but with age, one becomes wiser and by the 21st century, I could carry on unperturbed by all the nonsense around..

Ideally, the world would be a better place if people assumed their roles responsibly.

Well done with the exemplary attitude! May you continue to do the good work and continue to inspire others to give of nothing but their best!

Cheers!

Tiger said...

Thanks, MWS!
Office politics happen everywhere, but it's how you deal with it that matters.