Saturday, January 31, 2009

Online Credibility - A dispute that was Bru-ing

There are 2 blogs that I read often.
One by Haris Ibrahim, The People's Parliament.
The second, Rocky's Bru, by Ahiruddin Attan.
I have gradually grown to respect Haris' work very much. Rocky's work too.
Even my other favourite blogger, Malik Imtiaz Sawar, has sung praise of Haris. Coming from a just and objective lawyer, it is a considerable credit to what Haris has contributed to this country.
There were recently a few posts on a supposed "meeting" in Bangsar about how to blame our PM on the KT by-election loss.
At the end of the day, Haris relied on an informant on the event, which was against Rocky's word.
So, someone was lying. Who?
Does it matter?
What matters now is that Haris has apologised to Rocky like the gentleman he is.
Hello, you two grown-up men, there is the nation to think about rather than what happened and who said what.
I hope this matter ends with Haris' apology.
I started this blog when RPK went to Kamunting under ISA.
I felt that by writing out what I felt and thought, I would be able to flesh out my ideas and grow from the reflections.
Bloggers often say things they mean, and some things that may not be true.
I have quoted some figures and facts here in this blog that I got from my contacts and these numbers show how much the BN government has been robbing from the people.
I would not lie for the sake of getting more hits, or to create unnecessary trouble.
My only aim is to help make this a better and more transparent country.
I hope this objective is shared by other socio-political bloggers.
Get on with the program, ladies and gentlemen.

No comments: