Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Malaysia, Truly Asinine

I feel compelled to speak about the current conflict in Gaza.
Palestinians shooting rockets at Israelis.
Israelis bombing the bejesus out of Hamas' army.
For crying out loud, this conflict has been ongoing for 2,000 years. What makes anyone think it will end soon?
Even if US steps in, will it stop?
Even if Malaysia sends their entire army (which could probably be obliterated by a few Mossad agents), will both Israelis and Palestinians agree to love each other again?
I have a gut feeling this conflict will go on and on until I get a grandchild.
ok, so even if it's not a religious conflict, we should help on humanitarian grounds?
PUHLEASE!
I get annoyed every time there is a charity drive to help someone OUTSIDE Malaysia.
We still have homeless people, starving people, and even people without an identity card.
Why can't we resolve all these issues at home before we even think of outsiders?
I remember after the tsunami hit Acheh, everyone was clamoring to help them.
When the collection tin came to me, I said NO. NOT A SINGLE CENT!
That's not because I'm a skinflint. I have helped in charities, including hole-in-heart cases etc.
I told the person, if there are NO MORE BEGGARS and HOMELESS VAGRANTS in Malaysia, then yes, I will donate generously to your Acheh cause.
CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME.
I suspect some public figures are using this event to try to con the people that they're fighting for the "righteous". They get some good publicity and they hope that it will absolve them of their sins like robbing the tax-paying citizens while in public office.
I am hearing from my people in Kuala Trengganu that Barisan Nasional will be soundly beaten.
Seems PAS is heading for a landslide victory.
Well, it was probably UMNO who assumed they could continue to think that Kuala Trengganu people were stupid enough to believe their lies.
Here's to a better Malaysia.

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very good......