Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Barisan Nasional, the greatest robbers in the world

The people of Malaysia are being robbed.
Everyday.
In broad daylight.
By force.
Because they have to pay toll. EXCESSIVELY.
I stay in Puchong at the moment. Puchong is the ONLY town where you have to PAY to get in AND get out.
It costs RM 1.60 one way, so the minimum toll that Puchong residents pay if they're going out of the area is RM 3.20.
That is already half a meal for most Malaysians. And if you think that's not a lot, then multiply that amount by 150,000 vehicles passing through the Sunway toll plaza. I have not taken into account the USJ plaza and the Cyberjaya plaza.
So, LDP collects approximately RM 480k EVERYDAY! That's RM 180 MILLION A YEAR!
And this figure can be proven by the toll agreements currently open to public viewing.
The newspaper article also states that LDP expects to collect around RM 800 MILLION A YEAR in the year 2020 during the final year of it's concession. This is based on the INCREASE in TOLL RATES allowed in the toll agreement.
In total, LDP would have collected RM 18 billion throughout it's entire concession period. I have an ex-colleague who has the figures where it states the highway's cost is approximately close to ONLY RM 1 billion.
So, ok, I'm willing to take into account the NPV cost of cash or cost of funding for the works done. Say, an extra billion. So, where does the extra RM 16 billion go?
To the government of Malaysia, I hereby volunteer to BUILD ALL HIGHWAYS in Malaysia.
I solemnly promise that I will disclose my costs for all to see, verified by 3 independent quotations for each cost item.
I will collect toll at a rate where it will sufficiently cover the costs, including the cost of funds.
When this point has been reached, I will then reduce the toll rate to cover the cost of maintenance, again I will have the maintenance costing verified by 3 independent parties.
How is that, PEOPLE OF MALAYSIA? Would you like that?
And I still can't believe half of Malaysia voted for Barisan Nasional, the greatest robbers in the world.
I do not disagree with paying toll. I only do not agree that we have to pay toll for a NORMAL road that was done up nicely and then CALLED a highway.
Hello, the LDP was formerly just a normal road lah!
I only moved into Puchong because my in-laws are taking care of my kids who are still young. When I can afford to move to Subang, I WILL because I do not agree with paying toll just to go out of my house and to go back to MY HOME.
The signs look good in Kuala Trengganu that Barisan Nasional will LOSE and Pakatan Rakyat will again have a landslide victory.
BN is still employing the mainstream media to spin bullshit that they are ahead in pre-polls.
My next post will be on how NST and The Star has ZERO INTEGRITY.
Have a productive week.

No comments: