Friday, January 30, 2009

Kudos to JPJ

I can remember the last time I went to renew my driving license. I took a form, filled it up, and waited in a queue for 2 and a half hours before the application was processed.
Yesterday, I went to get a replacement as my driving license was lost by the idiotic security guards at Riana Green condominiums.
That will be the last time I will hand over my IC or driving license to anyone for security reasons.
I went around 0930 hrs, and hoped the queue wouldn't be too long.
To my surprise, I didn't have to fill up a form. All I needed was 1 photo and my MyKad.
I took a number, no. 1148, which at that time, no. 1109 was being served.
Can you guess how long the queue was? It was less than half an hour!
The queue numbers moved at an average of 1 per minute, and with 3 counters open, it moved so fast that people were getting up from their seats all the time.
I have NEVER seen this happen at a government service center before.
My number showed on the display, and I handed over my photo and MyKad.
Paid RM20.00 for the replacement and VOILA! My license was ready!
In less than ONE minute!
All I want to say is KUDOS to all the staff in JPJ at Padang Jawa, and whoever was the brains behind this improvement in service level, BRAVO!
I hope that our government departments continue to improve, and to the people at the Enquiry Counter, keep on smiling.

No comments: