Thursday, April 23, 2009

Life and natural selection

My godsister sent someone to demonstrate a type of cleaning equipment last night. It's something called HYLA and it's a mixture between aircleaning and vacuum cleaning. I'm not going to say anything except that I think it's worth a try for concerned parents who have kids with asthma.
My 2 boys have been sick a few times and in the beginning, their breathing was so bad they had to use medicated inhalers to clear their air passage AND strengthen their lungs.
My thinking is this.
Why do kids nowadays get sick so easily?
20 years ago, my friends and I would WAIT for RAIN so that we could play football IN the rain!
We came back after the game, had a shower and "strangely", we didn't die of pneumonia.
Nowadays, I see some kids who seem so vulnerable to infection and sickness. Why is that?
Ever since I started having these thoughts, I told my wife, I think it's better for the kids to fight the colds and their runny noses ON THEIR OWN.
NO MORE medicines. No more fever drops. No more spoonfuls of influenza medication.
Let's see how tough they are.
I heard this story about Eskimo babies. Someone please tell me if it's true.
Apparently when an Inuit baby is born, they'll dip him / her in the ice cold water. If the baby doesn't die, then it will live a long life. Otherwise, it's better that the baby dies straightaway.
What's the point? If you're not able to withstand the Alaskan cold from the beginning, you're going to have a short life there anyway.
So our children are drinking 100-dollars milk powder, wearing Guess Kids / Osh Kosh B'gosh apparel and being made to wash their hands if they touch the floor. And then what happens?
They grow up to be sissies!
For god's sake, I used to LOVE playing with earth/sand/mud etc. I don't see why my kids shouldn't do the same. Why? Has the environment changed so much that children may mutate from being out in the sunshine?
So, "Optimus Prime" Ethan and "Maximus Aurelius" Ewan, ROCK ON!
PS. Try not to let your mom see you so dirty, ok? And don't tell her I said so!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tiger,

Are those two your boys? Very cute! I am sure you and your wife must have your hands full with these lovable boys :-).

God bless you!

cheers

Tiger said...

Hi MWS,
Yes, they're the 2 tyrants in my household.
Thanks for your comments.
I will be using your posts as bedtime tales for them.