Monday, March 23, 2009

Passing the buck

Look at that word BLAME.
It's just a coincidence that the last two letters spell the word me.
But that coincidence is worth thinking about.
Other people or unfortunate circumstances may have caused you to feel pain, but only you control whether you allow that pain to go on.
If you want those feelings to go away, you have to say: "It's up to me."
- Floyd Maxwell

I got to thinking about this when I read about how some Ministries say,"no, this isn't under my jurisdiction".
What kind of horsecrap is this?
Is this how people are supposed to work?
I often get calls coming to my direct line in office due to the hunting line. If it rings for 2 times, I take it. More often than not, it's for my staff.
I take it anyway. I see how I, yes, MYSELF, can help the customer.
I feel the world has been "infested" with the blame gene. Everyone thinks that when something happpens, it's not their fault.
But when it's something good, you'll see them killing each other to get the credit.
I hope the quality of "I"ll do it" and "it's up to me" will be the new mantra for the next generation.
The least I can do is to at least inculcate this in my children.
Stop blaming others for something YOU can do.
If you're not part of the SOLUTION, you're part of the PROBLEM.
Any one can tell you what's the issue, but it takes a special person to take the initiative to RESOLVE it.

No comments: