Monday, November 24, 2008

Wow, 2 posts in a day

Suddenly, so productive and efficient.
Must be the silly newspapers stoking up racial tensions again. Also, the NST and Star editors should be congratulated for having the same headline on the same day "Yoga Ban". Must've been a deal done over a quick cuppa tea, eh, fellas?
The past few days, thoughts have brought me back to the time when I was doing audit. I was assigned to perform a statutory audit on IKIM, Institut Kefahaman Islam Malaysia. My manager, who is currently one of the country's invesment banks bosses, commented.
"Bob, had I known you were the party animal you are, I wouldn't have sent you to IKIM". I asked, why. He said, as per strict interpretation of Islam, even smoking is prohibited.
Wait a minute, but look around you, I said. He said yeah, but some people don't care about going to hell. He wasn't talking about UMNO leaders per se, but you get the point.
Funnily enough, of all papers, on the same day, the NST ran an article on "Champion Bartender", who's a Malay by the way. Hold on, hold on, I thought liquor was haram, but there was this guy, flaring for all his life was worth. (Flaring is the art of bartenders throwing the bottles up and around in the air to fool drunk people at the bar that they're still sober)
So, my conclusion can be taken from this quote (yes, I absolutely love quotes):

"The last thing the men behind the curtain want is a conscious informed public capable of critical thinking which is why a continually fraudulent zeitgeist is output via religion,the mass media and the educational system." - Zeitgeist

No comments: