Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Comedy of errors

It makes me laugh to hear an ex-Prime Minister say something that is akin to putting his foot in his mouth. He should have known better than to open his mouth about RM5 million paid to a judge he himself sacked in 1988.
He says he "only" earned a basic salary of RM240k a year when he was Prime Minister. I'm sure that will go a long way in explaining why he is living in a multi-million dollar mansion in a gated community.
Everytime I play a round at the Mines Golf and Country Club, Tun Mahathir's house is something that I always look at. It's at the end of hole no. 8, where you can see a few cars parked. There used to be 20 or so cars parked there, but he must have returned them to Proton in disgust during that spitting the dummy episode.
After you finish hole no.8, at the teebox for hole no.9, you can see his balcony and the house inside. Very nice, very nice indeed.
You half expect him or the wife to be there, I mean, it's their house, isn't it?
Then, you tell yourself, "It must be DARN GOOD to be the Prime Minister of a country".
I'm sure engineers in oil and gas also earn around 240k annually, and I really doubt that they can live in a mansion.
Tun M must have been a really thrifty person to afford that house.

No comments: