Monday, November 24, 2008

Go ahead, Tun M, make our day

So Tun M has decided to name the persons responsible for money politics in UMNO. Very good, except it won't change the fact that no one from that party is qualified to lead this country save for the fact that they are a member of UMNO and that's that.
I believe the UMNO members now face a genuine dilemma. They are now demanding,
"I either want less corruption, or a chance to participate."
Either way, UMNO is dead. It cannot run without money, because no one in the party is genuinely interested in serving the people unless they make a lot of money from it.
Let me give you a rough calculation.
UMNO has about 2,000 delegates, am I right?
If you were a delegate, would you be satisfied if UMNO paid you, say, RM5k a month? You would be? OK, good! That's only 60k per annum. I mean, it's a small price to pay to hoodwink your fellow kampung villages to vote BN every 4-5 years.
Now, listen carefully. 2,000 delegates multiplied by 60k. What is that?
It's a staggering RM 120 MILLION a YEAR!
ok, time for the hard question. Where the HELL does this MONEY come from???
It comes from the PEOPLE!
It comes from the people you swore to enrich through your crooked policies.
The saddest part is that I heard with my own 2 ears that the corruption is accepted by everyone in UMNO.
I met my schoolmate at another schoolmate's wedding last Saturday. Out of curiousity, I asked, hey, you still working with the UMNO division? Yes, he said.
Is it true. that branch chief's post cost RM50k? Yes, he said.
The strangest was yet to come. He said division chief now is at RM1.5 million. He said, how are people supposed to "afford" that?
Hmm, "afford", eh?

No comments: