Friday, May 15, 2020

Everyone is their own harshest critic

That internal voice is constantly criticising every move you do…

You’re never good enough.

And you can always do better.

Does that sound familiar?

It’s totally normal.

As humans in today’s over-stimulated world, our brains are wired to be constantly dwelling, obsessing, and stressing about little things that:

Don’t really matter at all.


In my life, the pivotal moment, when things started going my way, and I felt I was finally “on the path” happened when I started prioritizing brain care…


For me, loving my life pretty much comes down to these two big ideas:

1. Learning to see the beauty in everyday ordinary things

2. Expressing major gratitude, every day.

Notice how there’s nothing material or superficial there?

Here are 2 ways to put this all into action:

List The Things You Are Grateful For.

Gratitude is like a muscle, and it needs to be trained often. Every night before I go to sleep I make a list of the things I’m grateful for.

This always opens my eyes to how “good I have it”, especially on those days when I feel like my life is a mess.

Do a Monthly and Quarterly Review…

At the end of each month, summarize what defined that month.

Was it learning? Struggle? Adventure? Overcoming obstacles?

Wrap up what you did, the big things that happened, what you would do differently, and what you learned.

And every quarter, review your life in the same way a corporation would.

Track things, set goals for the following quarter, and strive to reach them.

Remember, what gets measured, gets managed!

No comments: