Tuesday, August 20, 2013

How big is your boat?

I've always believed that you can pull a feat when you believe you can. If you have any doubts, then you've already lost half the battle. I love this article by Bob Perks.

Bob Perks
I've never owned a boat, but always wanted to. 

When I could afford one my car was too small to pull it and I couldn't afford to buy a new car. 

When I couldn't afford one, I was driving a big gas guzzler that could pull the Titanic.  

I couldn't afford the gas it would take to haul a boat.

That's the thing about boats.  

They are like dreams.  
Either too small or too big.  
You either sink or sail on.

I could be near the ocean and my boat would be too small.  


I could be near a river and my boat would be too big.

So, I gave up on boats... not dreams.

Now I believe you can never dream too big.  


If your big dream comes true you learn to live bigger.  

If only part of your dream comes true, you still have room to grow.

There's an old story of two fisherman out on a lake.  


One was catching big fish and throwing them back in.  

The other wasn't catching anything.

As the two boats got closer the one fisherman said to the other, "I've been out here all day and can't catch anything.  I've been watching you catch big fish and throw them back in the lake.  


Why?"

The fisherman pulled in another big fish and tossed it back.  


He then said, "I only have a small frying pan."

That's the problem.  


We often times don't plan well enough.  

We think big, but plan small.

Can you imagine if Noah built a boat based on what he knew would float rather than what God told him to build?

God is telling you to be prepared for big things to happen in your life.

"How big is your boat?"

No comments: