Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Any one who is NOT tired?

There seems to be a co-relation between the mainstream press and what's happening in the country. I used to be an avid reader of newspapers. This started from the time that we (students my age) were encouraged to read newspapers as a way of improving your language, be it BM or English. We would read Berita Harian or Utusan Malaysia, plus The Star or New Straits Times.
My father had a subscription to NST, which is why I read it more than other papers. I have stopped reading NST, unless I have too much time (very seldom) or the paper just happens to be near me while I'm waiting (in a queue or whatever).
I started noticing the difference between NST and the other English papers. For some reason, it was expressing views that contradicted the others. Maybe Tun Mahathir is right. NST was the spin-doctor for BN's government.
When Teresa Kok sued Utusan, I was curious. This was a newspaper I had read in my teens. That had educated me and helped me get an A in BM. What had changed?
I took one look at it's front page last week. No, not good. I did not see a unbiased or balanced view in their articles.
It seems that these publications controlled in one way or another by the government had their personal agenda against anyone who is not pro-BN.
My question is this, at what price do you put the efforts of bringing down your opponent via the media? At WHAT PRICE?
At the price of RACIAL TENSIONS?
Somehow, these publications don't get their licenses revoked.
I started this blog because I am tired of standing by quietly while self-important people tear into others for their greed.
At one point, I liked it when Gordon Gekko said,"Greed is GOOD".
At this time, GREED is tearing this country apart.
I am happy the Prime Minister took my advice and delayed the decision to purchase the helis.
This is the time to stop greed.
This is the time to stop hate.
This is the time to stop making everyone weary of the country's situation.
I am tired, but I'm not sitting down.
This time, I'm ready to help save my country.

No comments: