Monday, October 21, 2013

Beyond

"Beyond"
By Bob Perks

be·yond
1.  On the far side of; past: Just beyond the fence.

2.  Later than; after: beyond midnight.
3.  To a degree that is past the understanding, reach,
or scope of: an evil beyond remedy.

4.  To a degree or amount greater than: rich beyond his
wildest dreams.

5.  In addition to: asked for nothing beyond peace
and quiet.

Challenges.
Fear.
Desperation.
Loss.
Pain.
Where you are right now.
There is so much...beyond.
I am always telling everyone to live in the present.  I suggest that
there is nothing we can do about the past. We can hope for the future.
We can prepare for it, but it is never guaranteed.
There is a place I go, however, that really does no harm.  It takes
so little time to get there and back that it never interferes with
the present.
Like dwelling on the past and worrying about the future truly is
a waste of time.
Thinking "beyond" the present circumstance, the pain is like dreaming.
"Beyond" the sunset and sunrise there are possibilities so great that
we call them "hope."
Beyond the stars we find the infinite, unimaginable past and future.
I can lie on my back in a field and looking up I am freed from the
earthly chains that hold me down.  For the moment I am far beyond
the sorrow, I am far beyond the seemingly impossible.
"Beyond" for each of us is a private space and time kept deep within
ourselves and set aside for visiting at will.
Like love beyond death.
Eternity beyond present circumstance.
"Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them."
Albert Einstein
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered,
you will never grow."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Beyond, for me, is where God let's me dance to my own music even when
I am the only one who can hear it.
God is far beyond our ability to understand or even imagine. His
power is vast beyond anything humans have ever experienced.
Your potential is far beyond your own imagination.


"I believe in YOU!"
J
Bob Perks

No comments: