Saturday, May 07, 2011

Best 1980s Music EVER!

Was at this place, The Reef, in Taman Tun.
Never expected what followed.
I mean, I'm just there for drinks, right?
Yeah, and the wild boar curry with Gardenia bread was awesome.
But suddenly, the band starts playing 80s songs.
I'm thinking, ok, so these guys look like my age, they probably grew up in the 80s too.
My buddies and I continue our 2nd jug of ale and a mischievious thought comes into my mind.
What if.........what if I request for songs, not so obscure songs, but still 80s songs?
To my pleasant surprise, they DID them.
Depeche Mode, Human League, EVERYTHING from the 80s!
Can you imagine my happiness?
The MOOD?
The band is called The Union.
Fantastic work on the synthesizers, bass and basically, the whole band is awesome!
Check them out. They're at the Reef, every Thursday night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love music fr 1960's-1980's. :-)

Check out my son's band that plays at Waikiki Bar. They also do '80s stuff.

:-)

Have a great day!