Sunday, June 20, 2010

Walk A Little Plainer Daddy

To my kids, Ethan, Ewan and Estelle.
I can only hope to bring you up the way that your Grandad and Grandmom did with me.
So that you can walk straight.
The road is already paved, the only most important thing is that you know how to "walk".

Here's a poem for you three:


Walk a little plainer daddy

Said a little boy so frail,

I'm following your footsteps and

I don't want to fail.


Sometimes your steps are plain

Sometimes they are hard to see,

So walk a little plainer Daddy.

For you are leading me."


I know that once you walked

This way many years ago,

What you did along the way

I'd really like to know


For sometimes when I'm tempted

I don't know what to do

So walk a little plainer, Daddy,

For I must follow you.


Someday when I'm grown up.

You are like I want to be,

Then I will have a little boy

Who will want to follow me


And I want to lead him right.

And help him to be true

So walk a little plainer, Daddy

For we must follow you.

No comments: