Monday, June 21, 2010

Kindness

Lately, I've had encounters with people who aren't so kind.
Yes, I understand that there's plenty of them around in this world, but never expected them to be relatives.

What is kindness?

I believe Albert Schweitzer says it best:

Kindness works simply and perseveringly; it produces no strained relations which prejudice its working; strained relations which already exist it relaxes.
Mistrust and misunderstanding it puts to flight, and it strengthens itself by calling forth answering kindness.

Hence it is the furthest reaching and the most effective of all forces.


-- Albert Schweitzer

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it sad that the more mankind progresses, the less human some have become?

Yet, to me, kindness is a powerful act that only the brave dare to show. And I know you are one of them!

Blessings to you and yours always!

Tiger said...

Thanks, MWS!
It may seem like the less humane people may be growing in numbers, but I believe that kindness is something contagious which is only positive in nature!