Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Do something EVERYDAY

I've always advocated that your day is best when you're doing something for OTHERS.
What I've learned is that YOU are happy when the people YOU LOVE are happy.

I want to know, when day is done,
That life has been worth living,
That I have brought somebody joy
Through kind, unselfish giving.

I want to feel, when evening falls
and shadows quickly lengthen
That I have made somebody glad,
Some weakness I have strengthened.

I want to know that come what may
I've left some cheer and gladness;
I want to feel at close of day
I've banished someone's sadness.

I want to feel at close of day
That someone's cares were lighter
Because of kindness I have done,
May someone's life be brighter.

2 comments:

Jack Lily said...

This is my goal everyday. I'm glad to see someone finally shares it.

Tiger said...

Hi Jack Lily,
Thanks for dropping by.
Am happy that someone also has this goal!