Saturday, July 04, 2009

Self actualise

What is self actualisation?
Do any of you know?
I first came across the term when I was in college. Well, part-time college as I was also serving my apperenticeship in Price Waterhouse (before it became PwC).
The simple way to define it is "to be ALL you can BE".
Lately, I've been seriously considering a change of industry. Let's face it, shipping people do not really know how to appreciate a person with a MBA.
Then I thought of this quote.

Read, every day, something no one else is reading.
Think, every day, something no one else is thinking.
Do, every day, something no one else would be brave enough to do.
It is bad for the mind to continually be part of unanimity.
- Christopher Morley

I've come to a decision.
I will either set up my own business or go into an industry where I can GROW as a person.
Financially, the rewards may not be there, but it's definitely better than a job where you are dying INTERNALLY.

No comments: