Saturday, July 11, 2009

Goodnight kiss

I take it as a privilege that I get to kiss my children goodnight every night. Especially after Estelle was born.
It might be too soon to feel this way, but I'm glad I know the value of being able to spend the time with them now while they're still young.
This poem is for all parents out there.

I count it as a privilege, I count it cause for praise to kiss my children goodnight at the close of everyday.
For I know too soon they're up and gone, and walking out the door And I'll never have a child to kiss goodnight any more.
It's very strange how times have changed from the present to the past. When did they grow so quickly the time has flown so fast.
For it seems like only yesterday I helped him with his shirt, Or pat my baby on the back, Or kissed away a hurt.
Tell a story, read a book, wipe a nose, or tie a shoe. They never ask me to rub their backs the way they used to do.
Once it was a bother, just a troublesome kind of chore. but now I would give anything to do it just once more.
Mommy, bounce me on your knee, Daddy, flip me in the air. Throw a rubber ball to me and help me comb my hair.
Mommy, tickle my tummy... Daddy hold me high. Lets go outside, for a while, or make a kite to fly...
I count it as a privilege I count it cause for praise To kiss my children goodnight at the close of everyday.
For I know too soon they're up and gone And walking out the door And I'll never have a child to kiss goodnight anymore!

No comments: