Sunday, October 16, 2011

Crossroads

I've been reflecting on the past 15 years.
The crossroads I have encountered.
The various turns I have taken.
Although it's a principle of mine not to look back with regret, there's always that bit of thought lingering around, "hmm, what if......?".
Then when I visualise the road taken via the other route, I know that I wouldn't have done it any other way.
Now, there's another crossing coming.
Do I go on straight and continue on this path?
Or do I take the less stressful one?
I don't doubt that either path will take me up higher, but it will just be a matter of when.
To make the decision, I will have to narrow down the few major factors in the equation.
Will the extra money matter for the time I will be putting in?
Am I going to be neglecting my 3 children in the meantime?

The last question has been gnawing on my conscience. A lot.
And the way I see it, I've been doing things everyday without realising exactly how much progress am I making.
Reminds me of this quote from Much Ado About Nothing.
Yeah, from my fav writer Bill.

Oh what men dare do! what men may do! what men daily do, not knowing what they do!

No comments: