Friday, July 02, 2010

What we should pray for


 I asked God to take away my pain.
 God said, No. It is not for me to take away your pain,
 but for you to give it up.

 I asked God to make that handicapped child whole.
 God said, No. Her spirit is whole, her body was only
 temporary.

 I asked God to grant me patience.
 God said, No. Patience is a by product of
 tribulations; It isn't granted, it is learned.

 I asked God to give me happiness
  God said, No. I give you blessings. Happiness is up
 to you.

 I asked God to spare me pain.
  God said, No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly
 cares and brings you closer to me.

 I asked God to make my spirit grow.
  God said, No. You must grow on your own, but I will
 prune you to make you fruitful.

 I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.
  God said, No. I will give you life so that you may
 enjoy all things.

 I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as he loves
 me.
 God said...Ahhhh, Finally you have the idea.

No comments: